Building Fund Levy

ENL Building Fund Levy Community Meeting PP

I would like to thank everyone who turned out for the community meeting in New Leipzig at the Community Center.  I discussed why the school is seeking a vote to approve the authority for the school board to levy for up to 15 mils for a building fund.  I clarified we are not seeking to build new but rather to keep the existing building we have.  In order to do this we need to reinvest in the building so that we keep up on maintenance.  With a drop of enrollment between 8-10 students we are looking at a sharp drop in funding in the 2019-2020 school year, the same year in which an approved building fund levy would take effect.  I also shared that should the building fund levy pass the district would drop the tuition levy it is currently using.  I shared what sort of impact it would have on our tax payers and touched on what could happen if we are unable to approve a building fund levy.

I thank everyone who took time on a Wednesday night to come and learn about the ballot item for November 6th.  The ballot will be voted on between 9 AM and 7 PM either at the Elgin Community center or the Courthouse in Carson.  I encourage everyone to cast their vote on the whether or not to establishment a building fund levy.